Saturday, June 13, 2015

Day Six: Faith in His Tender Mercy; Grace for the Trial

  1. All the way my Savior leads me,
    What have I to ask beside?
    Can I doubt His tender mercy,
    Who through life has been my Guide?
    Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort,
    Here by faith in Him to dwell!
    For I know, whate’er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well.
  2. All the way my Savior leads me,
    Cheers each winding path I tread,
    Gives me grace for every trial,
    Feeds me with the living Bread.
    Though my weary steps may falter
    And my soul athirst may be,
    Gushing from the Rock before me,
    Lo! A spring of joy I see.
  3. All the way my Savior leads me,
    Oh, the fullness of His love!
    Perfect rest to me is promised
    In my Father’s house above.
    When my spirit, clothed immortal,
    Wings its flight to realms of day
    This my song through endless ages:
    Jesus led me all the way.

    My weary steps have faltered plenty lately.  I would like to say that feeding on His Word was an automatic for me when I began going through the loss.  At first I was fine and resolved, but the weaker I got I felt that I no longer had the strength to pick it up.  I felt like God had been extremely unkind to me.  He had rejected me so how could I cling to Him?  A truthless thought, but a thought that still really hurts me often.  I needed to read and lean on His promises a lot, but I felt like such a big baby.  I needed spoonfed in my weakness, so there is one thing that I can do that has always been automatic... I had to keep feeding on His Word through song until I was also able to actually pick it up again..  Thankfully, I have a lot of good ones to recall with scripture running through them.  Some of the songs I actually hated for a while even though I made myself listen to them.  For instance, I made a playlist with songs that included the line "Death where is your sting?"  I wanted to yell plenty of times, "RIGHT HERE!  Right HERE is the sting!"  --Another truthless thought.  But one I admittedly had anyway.  I don't know anything else that can give me grace for these trials than feeding on His living Word.  I'm still bumbling and fumbling along and am thanful to those of you who either are patient enough to listen to me whine or able to identify with me enough that I don't feel crazy about my feelings concerning the loss.  I'm thankful to those of you who are reading and sharing in this with me and I'm thankful to those of you strong enough to remind me, "God's gotcha."  .....
    That just made me cry.  Thank you for saying that to me, David Speegle, my precious friend.  That conversation was very meaningful to me!

    I love the following setting of Frannie Crosby's hymn, so I'm sharing it.  ---And can I just say, I miss Rich Mullins!  He's was so right in what he spoke here in 1994 and he's still so right today.  What a heritage we have!


    Can I doubt His tender mercy, who through life has been my guide?
    [Insert the answer... NO],

No comments:

Post a Comment