Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Abigail is NINE!

Last year for her birthday, I did an "Abigail in review" picture-post, so this year I thought I'd just post a few of her actual birthday/week.  

We didn't know that Abigail was a girl because we chose not to find out for the first two kiddos.  For some reason I had made it up in my mind that she was going to be another boy!  So, when she was born I honestly felt shocked!!  The doctor announced a girl but didn't realize we didn't know, so when I gasped, "A GIRL!?!  ARE YOU SURE????!!!" it was rather comical!  Especially when Dr. Rakov said, "Young lady, I have HAD anatomy class, and THIS is a girl!" We named her after two incredible, brave, beautiful, strong women in the Bible, and if anyone has proven to be incredible, brave, beautiful and strong it has been our Abigail Ruth.  Need I mention her last few days?  I'll probably be blogging about that soon!


First kisses from Isaac




Snuggling with Mommy




Wrapped in the sweet blankie that was made by her great-great grandmother when her Mommy was born.




A bit of cuddling with the boys!




Little lambs :)



Her birthday party yesterday was lots of fun!





I have to say something about the 'X' on her arm that I just didn't think to wipe off.  The surgeon talked to us right before surgery and then said to her, "Now Abigail, I'm going to put a pretty mark on your arm.  Do you know why?"  She giggled that "on-morphine-sort-of-giggle" as she was looking at the X and then she said, "Well, X marks the spot!"  He confirmed by saying, "Yep, gotta make sure I do surgery on the right arm!"









Her first soccer game was supposed to be yesterday too...  
We just got her a new ball instead of going to the game!




Love from our family to you and yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment