Thursday, January 14, 2016

Baby News

Our children new that they were getting pictures taken today, but they did not know that they were going to get to hear whether they were having a baby brother or a baby sister!  I had Abigail decorate a little box that was going to be filled with either baby boy things or baby girl things, but she didn't know why she was decorating it!  She never turns down any excuse to paint though, so didn't question me.  Turned out so beautiful and perfect for the occasion!  

A couple of views of the box:






I was the only one videoing so I didn't catch the moment when I put the box back in Abigail's lap and said to everyone, "Guess what!?!  Today you'll get to find out if you are having a brother or sister!"  Abigail said, "We get to find out TODAY!?!" It was pretty sweet.  Most of the children have guessed that it's a boy.  Our youngest, Timothy, has guessed girl before, but he really just loves saying that word!  Oh, dear! Hahaha!  Abigail has admitted that she's praying for a girl, but really thinks it's a boy.  Andrew has said, "I think it's another stinky, loud, but fun, awesome BOY!" That's a short part of his long description of the boy he thinks we are having.  Whitley and I have both been certain of a sweet boy joining our family.












Bows that Whitley had some sweet ladies make for his girls.  He surprised me with them this morning so I put one of them in the surprise box.


So!  Whitley and I... were WRONG!  Unless, of course, whoever filled out the form for the DNA test that I had...  checked the wrong box!  I mean, stranger things have happened, but we are rolling with it!  Lots of friends have been guessing a girl for us, but most friends have been guessing girl for the last four boys we've had too!   After loss it's hard to feel hope for a baby to be either boy or girl, just because you want a healthy pregnancy and a baby in your arms so bad!  My sister-in-law Amber and my friend Theresa have both said similar things today.  It's just like God to really knock your socks off after a really trying year.  If you are going through trials right now, I pray and look forward to whatever blessing He has coming your way!


A very special thanks to Theresa Rakov (our dear friend as well as our OB's wife), for being there to capture these beautiful, precious moments.  


As always, Love from our growing family to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment