Tuesday, March 12, 2013

First Tae Kwon Do Tournament

I sort of grew up on the East side of Snyder's square at West Texas TaeKwonDo Academy!  I have been singing the national anthem at Master Gafford's tournament nearly every year for over a decade.  This year, though, put a new spin on things!  I hung around a bit longer because my own children were competing in the forms competition!  Isaac took 2nd in his division and Abigail got 3rd in her division.  I was so proud of Isaac for his technique and he is so naturally talented and really looked sharp!  I was so proud of Abigail because she DID IT!  She got ALL of her turns right and had the correct placement of her hands and feet every time.  This is very challenging for her because of dyslexia issues that she deals with.  It was so fun to watch them be a part of this legacy.  It was also quite an honor to get to introduce the kids to Grandmaster Won Park, who is a very influential person in my life!

Master Greg Gafford on left; Grandmaster Park in the middle; Timothy & I 
just after "we" sang The Star Spangled Banner 

waiting for her turn

waiting for his turn



Trophies!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment